Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought some switches off of ebay and the cover plate from Rovers North and I now have heated seats. It cost me a total of $35.00. At first my wife said you don't need heated seats, but now every time she gets in that is the first button she pushes. How much does it cost if you were to select the heated seat option from the factory? It is kind of cool that the Disco is already prewired for them. I also noticed that it is prewired for the heated windshield.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The only way you can get heated seats from the factory is if you order a cold climate package which includes a heated windshield also.
Mike J.

·
Registered
209 Posts
According to Edmunds the price for the cold climate package on a 2004 Disco is $600.00. I think it was $550.00 in 2000 when I bought mine.

Well worth the money to keep my butt warm. :wave:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Actually guys, I dont know if this is true for all year models. I have a 2003 Disco. NO Cold Climate Package. I wanted heated seats. Dealer said, "No problem, every disco leaves the factory with heated seats, just without the switches. We'll just charge you $50 to install the switches." They did so, and presto: heated seats. Now if they could just magically give me a locking center diff for $50 I'd be thrilled.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My '99 "cloth interior" SE is already pre-wired,but didn't come with the "seat heating elements".I already fitted the switches and panel on the console,next are the "heated elements".
Carlos

·
Registered
447 Posts
sorry guys i do not know the year that started. maybe only the vehicles equipped with leather came with the heating elements?

·
Registered
31 Posts
How do I repair an element?

The heated seat on my 98 Range Rover is not working anymore. How hard is it to replace the element?

·
Registered
447 Posts
well - here's what i'd do. I honestly do not know if 1997 came from the factory with the heating elements... so I would carefully remove the switch panel fascia in the center console (or perhaps remove the plastic liner of the cubby box) and see if the wiring harness for the switch panel has two vacant connectors... where the switches would go. If so, then I'd say there's a 50% chance that all you need is the switches. another person on this bb put in the switches only to discover he then needed to add the heating elements to the seats. i just took a guess when i said 'maybe only the leather ones came with the heating elements.' i'd ask other people on this forum - some of whom seem very technically aware - and other forums about the 1997. www.texasrovers.com has a bulletin board as well, and we have a couple of guys in that group who are pretty technical. there's a guy in our local club who is a salesman at the dealership and he'd tell you... email me if you want his name - he'd probably not appreciate me posting it publicly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hermanpj said:
well - here's what i'd do. I honestly do not know if 1997 came from the factory with the heating elements... so I would carefully remove the switch panel fascia in the center console (or perhaps remove the plastic liner of the cubby box) and see if the wiring harness for the switch panel has two vacant connectors... where the switches would go. If so, then I'd say there's a 50% chance that all you need is the switches. another person on this bb put in the switches only to discover he then needed to add the heating elements to the seats. i just took a guess when i said 'maybe only the leather ones came with the heating elements.' i'd ask other people on this forum - some of whom seem very technically aware - and other forums about the 1997. www.texasrovers.com has a bulletin board as well, and we have a couple of guys in that group who are pretty technical. there's a guy in our local club who is a salesman at the dealership and he'd tell you... email me if you want his name - he'd probably not appreciate me posting it publicly.
Thanks for the info. Next time I'm at the dealer for repairs (which I hope won't be for a very long time!) I'll have them look. Take care, Michele

·
Registered
5 Posts
heated seats

hi guys :wave: just about to purchase a 2003 td5 es its got heated windscreen heated front seats but not heated rears are there heating pads in the rear seats but just not conected? or is this just the front ones?

Strech :beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts