Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody? I've been gone for a while because i didn't have my rover with me in brooklyn but now I do am i'm happy...well sort of...winter is coming and I have no heat whatsoever....Im going to do the blower motor next summer but right now i want my heated seats to work...i read that you can get the heating grid for the seats, unplug them and replace but i do not know where to look....AB doesn't have them, bputah doesn't have them and rovers north doesn't have them either....does anyone know where i can get them?

·
Registered
167 Posts
When I had the seat bottoms done in my 1995 RRC he replaced the heating element.
I have power going to them, but they only get barely warm. Not sure why.
Maybe there are grades of heating elements with different resistance.

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I had the seat bottoms done in my 1995 RRC he replaced the heating element.
I have power going to them, but they only get barely warm. Not sure why.
Maybe there are grades of heating elements with different resistance.
When you got your seats done,where did you go for it....also do you know if the seat elements in your 95 can be fitted ino the seats of the 93...I know a guy breaking a 95 and I could probably but those seats

·
Registered
167 Posts
When you got your seats done,where did you go for it....also do you know if the seat elements in your 95 can be fitted ino the seats of the 93...I know a guy breaking a 95 and I could probably but those seats
A local upholsterer. I think they were generic heating elements.
I think 1993 and 1995 elements are the same, but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Have you tried pin pointing the fault in the existing seat yet?

Once you are sure it is the heating element at fault and not another part of the system you can still repair the grid quite simply as it usually just a broken element wire.

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried pin pointing the fault in the existing seat yet?

Once you are sure it is the heating element at fault and not another part of the system you can still repair the grid quite simply as it usually just a broken element wire.
I haven't taken the seat apart yet...I did a google search for heated seats repair , for the classic,but there is nothing out there with the exception of the detailed P38 seat repair. All I know is when press the button, it lights up but nothing happens. I would not know where to even start looking. A starting point would be helpful for me. thanks

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
A fast and dirty way to confirm is to just verify that you have power to element but no return to ground. That would indicate a broken wire in the heating grid. There are other things that can cause it to fail but a broken element is most likely.

Take the seat cover off the seat. Find the break and either repair it or just jump it by soldering a short section of wire in place. Easy, I must have done this on various vehicles more than a dozen times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.