Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My U.S.-spec '02 Freelander SE has the electrically-heated windshield. And now, due to a stone chip, that glass has a long crack that prompts replacement.

This is the first vehicle I've owned with this type of windshield. With others, glass replacement is a rather simple process, handled competently by most local glass shops. Will this be different? Is there anything I should be aware of, before I take the car in? For example, is the windshield seal design somehow different from most vehicles, requiring special tools or knowledge to re-seal a replacement properly? How much should I expect this to cost?

Thanks for your time! :wave:

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Don't worry, most good auto glass shops can handle your windshield replacement easily.
Mike J.

· Registered
674 Posts
YEAH if ya have the $$$$

My 95 RR Classic has the heated front windshield - $770 replacement cost at the local glass shop - expensive it is!!!

· Registered
3 Posts
My LR2 has a scrape in the windshild...right at eye level of the driver (not enough for insurance to cover it), and the heater only heats a small strip anyway, and the lamination is starting to come apart on the edges...and she HATES looking through it at night....and day. I know most say everyones' eyes eventually adjust....well not hers LOL! She wants to know if replacing it with a non heated one will mess up the electical system for the other heated elements...mirrors, rear, seats, when max defrost is selected? What is done with the extra plug?

· Registered
27 Posts
follow up question

My LR2 did not come with a heated windshield, but the windshield is cracked and needs replaced. Does anyone know if they come pre-wired for heated windshields? If so, could I buy a heated windshield and the switch, have them installed, and be good to go?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.