Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Josh!
I was being just a little sacastic. I personally don't think it's a difficult task. It's more time consuming than anything else. So many little things you have to deal with. It does help to have a helping hand and some intructions. Other than that it's all about the time it takes to do. The most difficult thing was putting everything back together.

Like your videos, but you have to fix some of the links. Seems that they are copying over twice. Nice rig!

Abraham

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I hate heater cores......in every car...except a 70 Chevy Malibu Classic...That was easier than changing oil... Looks like a pain...glad it wasn't me

·
Registered
734 Posts
roverthen said:
That's what I thought I could do. But running two weeks in the cold, mind you we aren't even in real winter weather yet, you will grow the balls to do it!
True, True............and you have REAL winters up there! Stay warm :drink1:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Oh Holy Hell!

I think I would hang a little propane heater from the rear view mirrow before monkeying with all that.

Gees, I am pitching a bitch fest over my little radio wiring problem...

Those pics really put things into perspective for me... radio wiring problem??? what problem?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
roverthen said:
hey Josh!
I was being just a little sacastic. I personally don't think it's a difficult task. It's more time consuming than anything else. So many little things you have to deal with. It does help to have a helping hand and some intructions. Other than that it's all about the time it takes to do. The most difficult thing was putting everything back together.

Like your videos, but you have to fix some of the links. Seems that they are copying over twice. Nice rig!

Abraham

seems like a ton of screws to keep track of if anything else. As for my cardomain links Ill take a look at them right now.....I remember noting at least one was switched.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks familiar !!!

:clap:

Hi, did the same about three years ago in my 300 TDi ! (dashboards are the same anyway !)

Indeed time-consuming, but not really difficult !

If I may say one thing ? It would have helped you a lot to remove the front seats ! You have more place to work, and they're no pain to remove.

BTW, each and every heater matrix (core) is supposed to fail after +/- 10 years (*), so be ready, all of you !!

(*) especially on Air-con models, when you have condensation water accumulating in the heater box, because the d** evacuation hoses are clogged once more !!! :buttrock:

·
Registered
707 Posts
DAMN... hope mine stays going strong that looks like a Pain in the ass. although i'm sure i could remove a lot more worthless Lucas electronics while i was in there... i feel certain i'll rid the car of its stock wiring and saftey crap eventually

·
Registered
490 Posts
DiscoPilot said:
DAMN... hope mine stays going strong that looks like a Pain in the ass. although i'm sure i could remove a lot more worthless Lucas electronics while i was in there... i feel certain i'll rid the car of its stock wiring and saftey crap eventually

Talk about looking on the brighter side of things. If you failed to fix the heater box and ended up removing Lucus... you could still call the effort a success!!!

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
done a few, theys a bitch thats for sure.

Gutted an entire lincoln town car for the main wiring harness.

I felt like a factory guy putting the thing back together.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wow.....what a job. And thanks Cellular for posting the pick of the Classic's dash ripped to show us what we have to look forward to should we choose to do this. :mad:

Oh.......and "Sam" is awsome, beatiful dog.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.