Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, hope somebody can give an idea where to look.

I have a 2005 LR3, which I already knew it had some sort of problem with the HVAC/temperature controls: in the summer it would not engage the A/C, I had it checked and all is good mechanically, compressor, gas, etc. Multiple error messages were seen, the whole HVAC system would just turn on or off, heating only, and only at the front seats, and at least I was able to control the fan speed. No temperature control at all, nothing would work on the controls on the back seats either. But at least I was OK with heating working.

Now, a few days ago the truck went nuts: would not even start complaining of "park brake system fault" and shut down entirely, only park red warning light flashing on the dash. Frustrated, I just left it for a few days while I managed with my other vehicle.
When I came back to the LR3, the battery was completely dead. Absolutely zero charge (I must note I live in a very cold place... it's -20 Celsius out there now). Purchased a battery charger, gave it a good charge, and the truck came back to life!

Except... now the heater does not work at all. It blows air, the fan still responds to speed controls, but it's just cold air, no heating.
Unfortunately can't live without heating in this weather: I drove this morning and had to scrape ice from the inside of the windshield (not kidding)

I tried a couple basic things: tested battery voltage while everything off and while running, all values seem quite normal. Tried a hard reset (disconnect battery...), same results. Checked a couple fuses but could not find anything wrong, although at this point I'm already lost as to which fuse should I check, or even of this is a valid option.

Any ideas?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

·
1,854 Posts
Press Econ Botton, (make sure light is on when pressed) put all heat knobs to full heat, press buttons to direct heat towards driver & passenger. Drive car till car has fully warmed up, air should turn hot. Even if the air directional buttons are off you should still get some hot air once car has warmed up and econ button is on .
Dave

·
Land Rover Mechanic
15 Posts
Step one is to go grab the proper Interstate battery and put it in there. Quality battery, ensures battery is not the problem, saves on problems in the long run.
You'll always hear the cheap and warranty argument, but we've got hundreds of rovers running proper, and a graveyard full of ones run on diehard/ever start/duralast batteries and fram oil filters.
These are not living on a budget vehicles, but you can stay a step ahead if you choose too.

Have you access to a computer? You'll need to clear everything out once the new battery is in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.