Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Heating issue, of course not in summer

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Jbaker1121 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,
I have a question regarding a 300tdi classic 1994 softdash.
I bought this quite neglected car a couple of months ago and still find surprises, but that's not stressing me too much.
But... the heater should work in winter I'd say..
The two heater hoses next to the firewall don't get warm, other than that everything seems to be fine, well apart from the missing heat.
Do you have any advices for me? I got an appointment in a local garage mid January, so maybe I can somehow sort it out myself not waiting and freezing for a month.
Cheers,
Fabian.

#2 ·
Do you have a picture of your engine bay and the hoses? Often with rovers when the heater core starts to leak, rather than replace it (becasue it's a nightmare) people will just abandon it by plugging the heater hoses or just looping them back on themselves to bypass the heater core. It's possible the hoses have been intentionally blocked due to a previous heater core leak.

#3 ·
Hi Lance,
That's a good idea. Thank you.
I just went to the car and did some pictures.
On other posts I read that the heater is a bit sensible about the correct amount of cooling liquid. It was aprox a 1cm below max and i filled it up now.
Tomorrow i have to use the car anyway and will find out if theres a difference.

#5 ·
I'm limited in my knowledge of the diesels (the hoses in the V8 are a completely different configuration), but it looks like there is a control valve that allows flow into the heater lines, perhaps similar to BTR4022. If this valve is stuck or frozen, I don't believe any water will make it into the lines, or therefore into the heater core.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.