Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody :)

my name is stuart, im 26 and im an electronic engineer.

my passion in life are cars and in particular the vw scirocco. i'm really in to the vw 'scene', attending shows in the uk and abroad. I currently own a vw scirocco and a ford focus estate (daily hack) I also owned a vw golf gti which was unfortunately stolen by the pond life about 2 months ago.
With my insurance money that has come through, I have decided that I will buy a land rover :D

So I've got 1.5-2k to spend - which model do you all think i should be looking at? I have always loved the defender 90's but im not sure what id get for the money.

I think id want a swb land rover, not fussed if its a cab or a van and i'm undecided about petrol vs diesel!

Mechanically, I'm hands on. I have tools and a bit of knowledge as I have been working on vw's for quite a while now. Saying that, I dont want a 'full on project' as I've got my hands filled with my scirocco!

I'm looking for something that will be road legal and still give me immense fun off road. I'm guessing that I'd want a winch too.

So come on then people - what d'ya reckon?

Cheers

Slugga

· Registered
521 Posts
Hi Stuart:
Welcome to the forums :drink1:
I love VW's as well.Had a '84 Scirocco 1.8 U.S. specs. in the high glow reddish-orange color,mildly modded,now sold.Had a '71 VW Superbeetle 1302 Euro specs.,rebuilt original,now sold.Now I have '64 VW bug 1200 original red paint,converted to 12v,plans to rebuild soon,plus my '99 Disco ll in a rare "woodcote green" color.
Carlos :D

· Registered
192 Posts
Hi and welcome. I just joined yesterday so I feel a bit out of place saying welcome.. but welcome anyway :drink1: I had a Scirocco for a bit last year. G reg Scala. Unfortunatly I ended up scrapping it :bawling: becuse I couldnt sell it or even give it away.. People just dont seem to share our admiration for such a great car.

Anyway.. Go for the Defender 90. I picked mine up for £1000 . Its a 1985 LR 90 and its in better nick than the average 95 reg ones. If you shop around and know what to look for in LRs you can get some corkers...

Good luck with your search...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now i feel really silly!

i keep seeing defender 90's whilst im driving during the day and ive made my mind up - a 90 it is!

can anyone point me in the right direction for websites that would list specs available, engine sizes, price guides, buying guides etc ? :)

also, any good second hand dealers in south UK or should i buy privately ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.