Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all the Aussie's and Kiwi's out there if there, if there is any that is :drink1:

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gidday

hello back.Got a few questions to ask.Any one have wiring instructions to fit a rev counter to a td5 defender 2003.And any one been having fuel dilution problems getting into engine oil

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Robbynz,

You will probably have better luck asking this question in the Defender forum. This forum was set up for local chat, and while you are certianly welcome to ask it and any other questions here, you willl probably get a better response in the Defender forum.

Serg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

Another Pommie in Oz here...

any of you near Sydney? :drive:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah sorry I'm in WA on the other side of oz

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not Sure

I am not to sure about Aus being dumped in the same file as NZ.
It's not like Canada was not lumped with USA. ;)
Just kidding.
All ment for fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am here 2

Hello

I am also living in the best country in the world. Working in the worst town in the world. Those West Australians will know were I work. I live in Pinjarra when not at work. It is good to chat with other people affected with this Land Rover condition.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Norwestdisco said:
Hello

people affected with this Land Rover condition.
I never thought of it as a condition b4 my wife just says its a weird thing oh well

Welcome guys hope one day we could all meet up????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Im another Aussie Landrover owner

:drink1: :drink1:
G'day evey one Hope to get some usfull info and maby help someone out.
My disco is neallly on its last legs but i have decided to give it a new life and FIX it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats the way V8disco you must look after it so it will look after you as I am doing the same thing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi from Victoria

Gippsland actually where it rains 9 months of the year and drips of the trees for the other 3 months, home of the Gippsland worm (3 metres +,true) and those dangerius Drop-bears that drop on you out of trees with a piercing scream and rip your face off (haven't actually seen one of those). The mud is so deep here in winter that when a neighbour rides by on his horse you can only see his hat. Any other RR owners in Vic yet?
Ian

·
Registered
17 Posts
and a bit of both

I'm and ex kiwi living in sunny Qld!! :cool: What you described Ian sounds like why I left NZ. i guess you could call it a condition... what we have. We are certainly a breed unto ourselves. We are the enlightened ones I reckon!!

I only found this site the other night. Great palce to get info and hopefully help a few like minded mates out....

cheers

Pete :drink1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day Adam,
Hows the Landy going?. Was up your way today but didn't have time to drop in, should do so next week. :wave:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gday Richard the landy's not going too bad but the price of fuel at the moment is killing me cost is around $65-$85 a week depending where and at which place I run out.

Worst thing coz I run twin su carbs I got a price for LPG at $3000 but I have too wait 2 months before they will even look at it :mad:

Now thinking of getting rid of the V8's and going to a turbo diesel or even been thinking about a freelander?????

How are your landy's all going good???

Catch up soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both going well, looking at upgrading the RR to a soft dash and using the gear I have to develop it, got to find the right vehicle yet. The Disco is being prepared for our trip to the High Country in march.
I don't envy you with the V8 running costs, thats why we have gas in the RR.
Might see you next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi !

G'day Guys !

Just thought I would say hi .. I am from Port Stephens .. Australia, just bought a 93 disco a couple of weeks ago.

So far ... well a few problems .. like the wheel wobble at 100 Km's when I hit a bump (didn't notice that during the 2 test drives) .. but I am having the hub rebuild, new steering damper and new shocks and coils fitted on Monday (Ironman kit .. 40mm lift) .. so I hope that will solve that one .. also starter motor seems to be on the way out, so ordered a new one. Then I had a big scare the other day when it started running on 7 cylinders (thought it might be head gasket at first) but a spark plug change fixed that, thankfully .. otherwise its great ... bought it for a) towing another car I have to racetracks and b) looking at moving to a country area with gravel roads and tracks. Once I get these few things ironed out I think it'll be perfect.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all, a proud '95 V8i Disco owner from Ballarat, Vic here.

Good to see I'm in great company :clap:

I guess I'm smitten by the land rover condition - nothing wrong with that though, except for the $80 per week I'm paying :bawling:

Cheers guys!
-cam :drive:

(ps, my avatar pic is of a ripper fun river crossing at Slaty Creek, just out of Creswick - north of Ballarat. I'm particularly proud of that photo :D my shockers were stuffed at the time though, so it was a bit rough in the driver's seat at that speed!!! :bgreen: )

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to have you guy's on board glad you like your landy's and as you will tell over time they tend to have a few problems but thats why we have sites like this to help you out.

btw whats the price for fuel over your way ????

I know in SA fuel is $1.15/L and diesel is $1.10/L

Here in WA fuel is $1.06/L and diesel is $1.12/L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Adam,

Yeah, over in Vic we're paying anywhere from 95.5 (at the VERY cheapest), right up to about 109.5 for unleaded.

Diesel's a hell of a lot cheaper at between 106 and 112.

It's bloody painful :complain:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts