Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to Land Rovers, been a Volkswagen guy pretty much my whole life. Buying my first Land Rover this week, picking it up in Kansas City on Thursday.

The one thing I've learned about this expensive hobby of being a car enthusiast is to get online and become friends with wiser, experienced, like-minded people. Found this site through Google and it seems like a good place to start. I also registered on "Land Rover Forums" but it seems a little less active. Hoping to meet some fellow car enthusiasts.

Here's a little about the Disco I'm getting:

2000 LR Discovery SD (Epsom green)
125K miles

I'm such a newb with these things, I'm not really sure what else to even talk about. I know the PO replaced head gaskets, front driveshaft, water pump, pulleys, power steering pump/lines and has done oil changes every 2,000 miles. It has two sets of (5) wheels, a set of 16" and a set of 18".

Not really sure what else to say. On to pics!

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Be sure to keep the u-joints greased on the driveshafts. The air conditioner in the front drains to the u-joints and they're kinda close to the exhaust. If the front shaft doesn't have greasable u-joints on it you should change it again.

I just bought a 2010 TDI Jetta. I can't get enough of it. Same way I feel about my disco. Glad you and the disco made it through the weather. We been thinking of y'all a lot here in tx lately. Looks nice in the background there. I haven't ever made it to OK but I know there's a lot of wheeling spots there. Have fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! How often do you do check them?

As far as the weather, we're doing alright, the May 20th tornado missed our house by about a mile. We barely even had debris. Honestly, I feel a little guilty living so close to all that destruction with no loss at all, and here I am buying a Land Rover.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Its recommended to check em every time you change your oil. I do it about 10k using good grease but others would argue. I would prolly agree cause I know my u-joints didn't come from china. Check them well. Tranny damage is the result of not.

I know how you feel guilty. Although hurricanes aren't AS deadly, the damage is always widespread. I dodged damage through some and felt guilty , then burnt my house down after another so sounds like your not taking it for granted. That's good, don't count the blessings too soon.

The wifey and I view the disco as survival mode, hurricane dodging, apocalypse equipment. You should make up reasons to justify yours...truth is 80% of the time its just used for playing...or drunk "let's go muddin" routines. I do work it alot too...pulling trees and such.

Have you seen mikes high mileage list? Its a sticky in the disco section. Might wanna run through them things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts