Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, thought I would introduce myself, I am fixing to buy my first Land Rover.
I need a 4dw 4wd that I can take my Wife the 2 Grand Kids and 2 dogs out for a outing now and then on the fire rd. I have look a all Jeep, Pathfinder, 4Runner and I keep coming back to the Discovery 2 love the looks the 7 passenger option. I can pull the 5x8 trailer with mulch etc. I have been trying to educate myself on what to look for what to stay away from etc. I m very mechanically inclined. preforming maintenance is not a problem, I just don't do engine rebuilds. So I am 1. looking for any advice I can get on buying one and 2 looking for one within 125 miles from Lenoir NC. So if any one can help jump in.

·
wjsj69
124 Posts
Well, let's see.. I guess I would start by suggesting a search on rover V8 slipped liner(s) and how to check for it since they're all prone to this catastrophic failure.

Next, check the frame since they're prone to rotting out esp. if it's from the east coast or salt belt.

Then there's the 3 amigos (do a search); someone made a T-shirt for that one..

And there's the rear air suspension that always fails due to leaky air bags or lines, or a costly air compressor failure. Many people choose to do away with that system all together and replace the air bags with coil springs.

If you find one you like, congrats and welcome. Now, check the sticky notes in the Disco 2 section to do your required maintenance..

Is that enough to get him started guys? :beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.