Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
New here... thought I might say hello and post quick pic of my 1983 2dr Rangie..
Has, among other things....
2" suspension lift
2" Body lift
Lots of custom suspension bits
Hybrid 30 spline axles, lockers and cv's
35" Simex centipedes..
Custom front and rear bars
Warn winch
etc. etc...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Oh ****.... here I go again, I NEED ONE OF THOSE!, :bawling: What do you guys think my estimated life expectancy would be when my wife sees me coming home with one of these as car #5. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind replies...
Onroad it is pretty good...
Have had the swivels machined to return castor to standard so steering is fine...
The tyres... well, they are a different story... quite loud and very vague around corners being cross ply construction...
The front and rear bars are homemade and are built for maximum approach and departure..
I have chopped most of the guards out as can be seen which enables me to run minimal lift in order to keep the centre of gravity low...
The interior is completely stripped out to keep weight down which helps quite a lot on the trails we do...
I have 4.5 diff ratios which have improved the crawl ratio heaps, a little to low for 100km/h highway driving so I just keep her nice and steady on 90km/h :D :D
As with all Rovers, she is a work in progress with new mods being tried all the time... here is the latest flex shot I can find on the ramp in my garden ;)

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
lshill05 said:
Oh ****.... here I go again, I NEED ONE OF THOSE!, :bawling: What do you guys think my estimated life expectancy would be when my wife sees me coming home with one of these as car #5. :rolleyes:
I sympathise!!!! I am getting to the point as well!! I was on E-Bay the other day looking at a Disco and thought I might be able to give it a good home.I got the look of "Don't you f******g dare!!! I feel that I have gone and lost the plot....I told her I was willing to sell my new SXI to get it for my daily driver...still no bite. I think i'm at my limit at the moment.We are using our new neighbors drive at the time due to the overcrowding at our place.Neighbors think were drug dealers with all the cars about.I'm not too sure that is a good thing..........................oh well!! As per our boating banter..I better get one of those before we get married too. :D Maybe I'll suprise her and give the Disco to her ;) He He He

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys...
Here is a pic of my custom front bar setup and winch mount... mount is made from 10mm steel folded to fit winch neatly in between the chassis rails and sits flush with the bottom of the rails as well.. she now has shiny new amsteel blue rope and not steel wire as pictured

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.