Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very nice site, and has proven very helpful to me! Thanks.

I just purchased my first Rover, a very nice 2000 Disco II SD. It has 65K miles on it, and is in excellent shape, minus a few scratches in the rear leather.

I took it to a mechanic who specializes in UK & Italian cars. He put it on the rack and gave it a good inspection. Fairly clean bill of health (other than the expected) It is due for its 60K, new brakes & rotors (which I got thrown in). I am having the plugs/wires changed while replacing a head gasket (which has a small coolant leak). So far none of these issues seem too far out of line from what I've been reading. Other than that, I know that the maintenance and upkeep will be of the utmost importance, and have dealt with the wrath of foreign repairs before(1992 Benz 560 SEL). So needless to say I'm not afraid.

I look forward to being able to drive through the back roads of the NW with no worries and getting access to some great areas.

Anything else I should anticipate as far as maintenance goes. I got a pretty good deal so I'm just trying to anticipate expenses.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Welcome to the site....You will be pleased with your new LR! :wave:

·
Registered
622 Posts
BhamDan said:
This is a very nice site, and has proven very helpful to me! Thanks.

I just purchased my first Rover, a very nice 2000 Disco II SD. It has 65K miles on it, and is in excellent shape, minus a few scratches in the rear leather.

I took it to a mechanic who specializes in UK & Italian cars. He put it on the rack and gave it a good inspection. Fairly clean bill of health (other than the expected) It is due for its 60K, new brakes & rotors (which I got thrown in). I am having the plugs/wires changed while replacing a head gasket (which has a small coolant leak). So far none of these issues seem too far out of line from what I've been reading. Other than that, I know that the maintenance and upkeep will be of the utmost importance, and have dealt with the wrath of foreign repairs before(1992 Benz 560 SEL). So needless to say I'm not afraid.

I look forward to being able to drive through the back roads of the NW with no worries and getting access to some great areas.

Anything else I should anticipate as far as maintenance goes. I got a pretty good deal so I'm just trying to anticipate expenses.

Thanks
I don't think there's much to anticipate with a Rover other than be ready for any variety of dash lights to illuminate your dash at the most inopportune times. I especially like my ABS/TC/Brake trio when it happens...
:D

Welcome to the family, Dan... :drink1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.