Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gas button on the left hand side of the dashboard, to release the fuel door, is stuck / pushed all the way to the bottom. I noticed this upon arriving at the gas station and after picking up the car from the parking valet at a public garage near my job. I have no idea, how this happened...

Unfortunately, I was unable to get gas, as I couldn't open the fuel door. Luckily, there was enough gas left in my Rover to drive me home, but it is now sitting "empyty" out front, awaiting for me to find an answer on how to fix this current situation.

Any and all suggestions is greatly appreciated!!! Looking forward to being a new contributing member!

Jason

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Been there done that...96 4.6

Just kidding!.. you can get to the motor through the trunk area. Its an easy fix and it is usually the switch that goes bad. Be careful when you open up the lid as the plastic on the motor is brittle and will break easily. Once you get the side cover off you can reach in there and feel for a round metal rod. Its about 5 inchesl long. It is actually what locks the cap, and is connected through a loop to the plastice end of the motor. pull it twards the back and your door should pop open. Get a new switch as that is what tends to go bad first.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts