Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is a new one for me. My rear cargo door is stuck. 2000 Discovery II. It is not locked, but the latch will not release. I have climbed into the back and tried to release it from the inside without success. I replaced the door lock actuator months ago with one from a salvage vehicle; the electric lock on the original one didn't work. This new one has been working great since that time, and the lock button lifts and falls as it should.

What could the problem be, and what am I going to have to do to fix it? I assume in order to get the door open I'll have to remove the trim panel from the inside to gain access to the latch so I can release it and open the door. Is that correct?

This truck is just full of surprises. :help

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it doesn't open with either handle then you're probably only left with taking the trim off and releasing it manually. I had/have a problem where with the child lock off, the inside handle would open the door but the outside one wouldn't. With the child lock on, the outside handle opens it but the inside one doesn't. Very strange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.