Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2006 LR3 HSE. The climate controls have a weird problem. With key on / engine off the controls work perfectly front and rear, everything responds and blend doors / temperature all work fine. Once you start the vehicle, the climate control turns on and is set to whatever it was set to when the key was on. The blower motor speed control, seat controls work normally but the temperature control and blend doors dont respond to the controls, the buttons light up but nothing changes. The only way I can force it change is by activating the heated windshield which will "shock" the system into working. I discovered the controls only respond under heavy electric load when the voltage dips below 13V. That's why they work when the heated windshield comes on. As soon as the voltage goes back up past 13V the controls stop responding again. I have changed the alternator and battery so I known it's not a charging issue, I have swapped the climate control module with a know working one and I have changed the relays as well. I am at a loss here. Any help is appreciated.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
That is wild.

umm yeah I have no idea on that one. Any HVAC codes in the ecu?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is wild.

umm yeah I have no idea on that one. Any HVAC codes in the ecu?
None on my standard OBD2 reader. And no flashes when I do the manual check by pressing the recirculation and econ buttons. It just runs through the cycle and turns on again.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
generic OBD II won't give you any codes. Mine passes the self check but has 3 or 4 codes for issues with the HVAC. Works normally so I keep ignoring them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
generic OBD II won't give you any codes. Mine passes the self check but has 3 or 4 codes for issues with the HVAC.
Works normally so I keep ignoring them.
what is the most used tool for enthusiasts that can read modules.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
what is the most used tool for enthusiasts that can read modules.
I use the Gap IID tool very good tool and excellent customer support. Pricey though at about $500 used ones come up from time to time and can be transferred for a small fee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts