Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charge the battery even if you think it is fully charged and then rotate the steering fully to both locks, with the engine running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

Jkhazraei,
This sounds very like my problem with my transmission module. If you take the battery out behind there you will find a small plastic flap, this folds forward and behind that is the transmission module. If you see any water or corrosion around the multi pin terminal block that's the problem. I'm not sure if you've heard of Blackbox Solutions, they operate out of Cyprus, they do a unit called a Faultmate MSV 2 which you plug into the D3 com port this helps you diagnose problems like this. If you replace the Tranny module you have to reset the hand brake clutches, this unit walks you through this process. Other than this suggestion you might take the D3 into your local agent and ask them to check the condition of the multi pin connections on the transmission module. This first happened to me after I gave the vehicle an engine bay wash, a definite lesson learnt here....... I'm really paniced when I first turned the vehicle back on and all these lights came on and told me an awful lot of "stuff" suddenly stopped working.
Hope this helps.
hi this happened to me after i took it in to be washed (range rover 2005), i cleared the faults, but the hi- lo range warning light is flashing could this be related to the transmission module

·
Registered
649 Posts
tape up the tranny computer nipples

The two jpg's are the transmission module. The first jpg is upside down, and the second is correct side up.

Note the two rubber wiring nipples. This is in part where the water gets in. I have taped the top of each nipple with 3M black electrical tape to squeeze off the holes were the conductors and water travel thru.

The assembly even with the electrical tape is in no way waterproof, however the bit of black tape at least slows the flow from a engine/car wash / rain/ water.

The link below is to a number of files / wiring diagrams etc related to our 6HP26X transmission. The majority of the files have near a thousand views and one over four thousand. It is not YouTube numbers but for Land Rover, pretty good.

This does not help you with the flashing lights but sometimes over a week or so of normal driving, the warning lights work their way out of the system. Be patient for a bit and hope.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5059

Attachments

61 - 63 of 63 Posts