Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a 96 Disco 7 (literally today), and I was looking for a couple things, and I also have a couple quick questions.

First off, I'd really like to find, or find someone who can build a custom "low profile" subwoofer box for either a pair of 10" subs, or a pair of 12's... something preferably not terribly large, but big enough to sound good. The more durable and stylish, the better... but I would like to keep the cost to a minimum.

Now, I may be a moron for asking this one... What the hell is with the power door locks on my SE7??? I turn off the car, get out, press the power locks down, and they pop back up in about a second. Does this thing come with a factory keyless entry setup or what? I didn't get anything but one key from the dealer, no remotes or anything. :buttrock:

Thanks in advance guys!

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
The factory subs usually go into a custom enclosure on the rear door. Some put active subwoofer systems in the space where the jumpseat goes. If you really want to, you can make a custom slidebox on the floor and place the woofers in and get some protection from them too. Those square Kickers would do with a extra amp.

As for the door locks popping open, remove and clean the door switch up in the front of the drivers door. Mine acts up whenever it rains.

Clean and/or replace the switch. Or you can do what I do. Hold the latch open , push down the button on the door and don't let go up when it kicks up. Slam down awhile holding the latch open.

You should check to see if the factory alarm works or put one in yourself. I had to and found the prior owners had done some hacking on the electrical wiring.

Hope I was of help.

Adam in NYC 1996 D1

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a sub box with 2 12" subs and a 250 watt amp attatched to the back . It is custom made for the disco 1. The rear angle matches the angle of the rear seat, and the front angle slants up about 20 degrees. They look and sound great. We sold our 97' XD and the new owner did not want them. If interested call me as i usually don't check this site very often. Paul work 415-454-4290 or home 415-456-7650 San Francisco, ca.

· The Winnipeg Thrashers...
835 Posts
DickVII,

I believe the locks are supposed to do that. The door is still open right? Maybe to keep people from locking their keys in the car or whatever. This is what my 98 Disco did. New to me but I adapted quickly. Now, my 95 will lock with the door open. Go figure.:rolleyes:

· The MoFab Man
438 Posts
Capt. Ron said:
DickVII,

I believe the locks are supposed to do that. The door is still open right? Maybe to keep people from locking their keys in the car or whatever. This is what my 98 Disco did.
Excactly :clap: I would invest in a remote, you can find them fairly cheap and I'm sure someone on here knows how to set them up !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.