Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some idiot auto electrician disconnected :mad: the battery to my 1995 Discovery v8 auto and I subsequently "lost" the radio as it is coded. I bought the vehicle second hand and the dealer did not have the code. Can anyone suggest how I can find the code to reactivate the radio?

Greenie

·
Registered
321 Posts
the dealer you went to is lying, give them the VIN and they should be able to pull up the code for the radio. might want to call another dealer
take care
sam

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi,
if they are an LR dealer but don't have the code on their system remove the head unit and note down the serial number,give them this and the VIN.They can fax Traceability at the factory who will supply the code.

·
Registered
523 Posts
One thing regarding this topic.Suppose I upgrade the radio on my Land rover with another genuine Land rover radio/either new or used.Will I still use the old code,as it is assigned to the vin,or do the code is assigned to the radio,so I need to get another code for the radio??? :confused

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this problem some months ago when I bought a radio/tape from a write off.
It had no code so i rang the main Land Rover dealer in Plymouth, gave them the VIN from the vehicle it came out of and they gave me the code whilst I waited on the phone, took less than 2 minutes.
Neill

·
Registered
49 Posts
Buy an aftermarket radio....

it will perform much better than the OE units, but if you must keep an OE the advise above is the answer...

While your at it get some replacement speakers so you can hear how much better the aftermarket head unit sounds :buttrock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts