Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 has never failed me until today.

We drove to church and on the way we stopped at a store to pick up a fresh bread. No problem starting the Rover. We drove to church and went inside to Mass.

Leaving the church the P38 unlocked fine, all seemed normal, the AC fans came on as I turned the key, but that's all. The lights were bright the radio worked the sunroof opened, but the engine did not start. Not even a sound. I thought the battery was dead at first but No.

The battery is only two years old and the connections are clean.

I thought the starter relay went bad, I installed a new relay, $48 still not starter sound, not even a click.

Right now it's still in the Church's parking lot refusing to start.

Please suggest something before I call a wrecker tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cranks but wont start - 1997 p38 gems motor
I sorted quite a bit out since owning this vehicle. Did the fuse box fix and everything was going great. Had an alternator issue and sorted that one out.... now I have an issue of a no crank no start.
Checked power at starter 12.5 volt, bypassed relay and motor spins but when placing relay 19 (SM)back in place no crank again. IF I take relay 21 out and place back in I get key crank but no start.

Could use some help on this one.

No CEL on dashboard ever and not sure what it is but never saw it gefore.

Thanks in advance

My key fob is dead, has been dead since I've owned it, cant get battery open to change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts