Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ot get my new tires on, and get an alignment. The shop is telling me that my toe? adjuster adn tie rod assembly (all one piece they say) needs to be replaced.

They quoted $440 - parts and labor.

Is that reasonable? Can this be easily replaced? What the heck is it???

Cheers!!!

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I have some pics of bad tie rods on my site.
Tie rod ends are cheap and "easy" to replace. You can do the work yourself and then GO TO A DIFFERENT SHOP to have aligned. I wouldn't trust those guys again. My opinion, mind you, but unnecessary work is a thief's job.

http://www.okierover.com/tierod.htm
This is a pic of a bad tie rod end.

Good luck. Check the prices of the tie rod ends on the sites. They are like 20 bucks each. That and a few hours and you'll be ready for an alignment.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys - it is the piece labeled #4 that is the track rod in the back - it is frozen and so they can not do the alignment. I am going to AB to buy the pieces myself! And scrape some skin off my knuckles installing it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Jonesy said:
Cheers guys - it is the piece labeled #4 that is the track rod in the back - it is frozen and so they can not do the alignment. I am going to AB to buy the pieces myself! And scrape some skin off my knuckles installing it.

Cheers!
I've got a spare one if you need it. I removed mine when I did the damper relocation. Let me know if you need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.