Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking inside the wheel well the other day and it looks like i have the ACE. From the pictures that i have seen on the internet i think i can see the arm of the ACE. Is there anything in particular to look for to positively identify it? It stears like a dream with very little, if any sway, so I am assuming it has it. Its a 2000 Disco II.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a 99 Disco2 with ACE. Look under the hood locate the power steering fluid bottle if it is divided and has two caps for fluid then you have ACE. Also look at the sway bars front and back. If they have a piston looking arm attached to them that is another way to tell. The ACE pump will also make a humming sound while the motor is running.I have never driven a disco without ACE but mine handles excellent. The pump is also located opposite the alternator on the motor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ACE works. If you've got 18" wheels, you've got ACE. No sway bars either. They put the low profile tires on for cornering capability. Unfortunately there are no good 18" off road tires. While researching tire upgrades several Land Rover people told me LR highly recommends against putting 16" wheels on an ACE vehicle--they claim the downward force it applys is great enough to push a 16" tire off the rim. I doubt it, maybe if you aired down and then cornered hard. This probably originated with a lawyer and a lawsuit. (I once had a discussion with a South African guy who's ACE Disco came with 16" tires, but all U.S. ACE Discos have 18" wheels)

Nitto's 255-55-18s Terra Grapplers are not reinforced. Michelin used to make a tire called the XCP which was stock on Range Rovers and Discos. My set was tough as nails. If you can find some of those they're a nice compromise for highway and off-road. Great in snow too.

I've also heard a rumor that BF Goodrich may be coming out with an 18" tire. Any one know anything about that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.