Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

Just registered in need of help, will most proberly become a more regular member.

Wondered if anyone could help me with a purchase i am considering. I have found a Land Rover Series II (a).This vehicle is on an A registration plate. Body work has been touched in but generally quite good on the outside. Inside the inner wheel arches at the fromt there appears to be a metal plate that is badly corroded, this looks like a bolt on item, could anyone confirm this.

The chassis from what i could see at the time appears to be like box sectioning and appears very solid
This is my first ever Land Rover purchase and am unsure what to look for, the interior looks very basic but from web sites visted this appears the norm. Could anyone point out any other items which i should be careful of.

Would like to thank everyone in advance for any threads posted.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Might help if you mentioned where you are located. Model, Year, Mileage, etc are allt hings that will be a deciding factor. Not sure what the registration thing is either..

The rust bit you are talking about. Not sure.. there aren't any bolt on plates on my 2002 D2 on the front, but the rear has them right where the mud flaps mount, and yes.. they started rusting the first year I bought the vehicle.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Help needed on purchase

Hi

Sorry didnt quite explain myself this is a 1961 (A Registration Letter) Land Rover Series II.

We are situated in East Anglia, UK.

The rusting i have spotted is the actual inner wheel arches.

Cheers for the posting

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Oh!

You may want to move this topic over to the Series Forum. You posted this in the Discovery Series 2 forum. (1999-2002 Discovery).

Sorry I couldn't help!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thread Ended

Thank You For Pointing Out I Was Totally In The Wrong Place, Did Not Know How To End This Thread So I Haveopened A New One In The Correct Place.

This Thread Ends Here.....................thanks

Sorry I Am New Here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.