Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer wants me to bring in my truck to hook up to their computer just to get the radio code. At $105 an hour it makes me nervous. If anyone could look it up for me that would be great. Last
eight of vin are VA536182. Have been driving around for way too long with no tunes :buttrock: Thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I don't have the original radio setup any more, but my understanding is, that if you contact Land Rover in what ever country your in, they will give you the code free of charge. The dealer should also do this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
matz445 said:
My local dealer wants me to bring in my truck to hook up to their computer just to get the radio code. At $105 an hour it makes me nervous. If anyone could look it up for me that would be great. Last
eight of vin are VA536182. Have been driving around for way too long with no tunes :buttrock: Thanks
your dealer only charges 105? god...my dealer charges 148/hour =c)

also...the dealer shouldnt charge you for the code..just call and ask....

·
Registered
347 Posts
They don't need to hook it up to get the code. All they need is the VIN, they can look it up on a computer. I just did this awhile back, no charge, took about a whole 5 minutes or less. I'd find another dealer. Your's is obviously in the MORON catagory.

·
Registered
261 Posts
jhmover said:
They don't need to hook it up to get the code. All they need is the VIN, they can look it up on a computer. I just did this awhile back, no charge, took about a whole 5 minutes or less. I'd find another dealer. Your's is obviously in the MORON catagory.
that or the out to get an extra buck category.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now have 2 Rovers that need codes....

Yeah I called them again and they said I need to bring the frickin truck in. We used to have 2 dealers here in MInnesota but now we have one and they are looking to make some extra $$ I guess. Can anyone tell me where they go or I can call such as a dealer in another state. I just purchased a 96 Range Rover HSE and the code is on that too so now I have two Rovers with no music and one dealer in my state that I refuse to go to. Grrr :bawling:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If you contact Land Rover Head Office in North America, their customer relations department will give you the info you need, free of charge. Unfortunately I don't know their contact number but I'm sure someone on this forum will. Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.