Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think that I finally got the hang of how to resize a pic. I thought that I would post a few again. I have a few things in the works for her. I am going to add a 1 or 2" lift, an A-bar, darker tint, and eventually a roof rack and larger tires. I am looking into the Nitto Terra-grappler and mud-grapplers. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the secret is out.....

I will tell you my secret..... I actually haven't waxed her in some time. I do use that Mr. Clean car wash thing. It does work, you still have to use a sponge to scrub her but that spot free rinse thing works. just keep the whole truck wet until you are done and then finish with that. My worst problem is keeping brake dust off the front rims. I have to clean those off in between washes. I do wash every 10 days or so as well, that helps a little.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Nice rig! Love that color!

I have the Terra-Grapplers and love them, although my size is different than yours since I have the 18" rims. Dry, wet, snow, and mud, no problems what-so-ever.

Good luck, and I am going to go out and buy that Mr. Clean setup!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Me thinks a letter to makers of Mister Clean for a sample for the product review page is due... :D
Serg

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I usually do the detailing myself, unless it gets really bad. I like to go out in the drive and spend a few hours just cleaning her up just to go out and show her off. I would take some free samples, I like free stuff... Just as long as they didn't try to give us house cleaners for free. HAHA

02 disco, I want the TERRA GRAPPLERS, i have been calling areound to try to find a good deal on them, my tires are still fairly new so my wife keeps telling me I have to wait. haha, one day

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
I purchased my set from Discount Tire (not sure if you have them in your area) but it was roughly $675 for the set of four, mounted and balanced with lifetime rebalancing and rotation. Thought it was a steal for that size of tire (255.55.18).

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
LOL,,,, the leaky Rover!

HF that is fine looking Disco! In terms of tire recommendations, there are many out there but I am a die-hard BFG buy myself. Time- and trail-proven tire. The ATs (TA/ko) are an outstanding all-purpose tire for road, trail, rocks, rain, ice, snow. Only deep snow or deep mud will defeat you.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OkieRover said:
We know that's your parking spot too....
:D

:drive:
LOL-- well to be completely honest that isn't my spot that is at a friends apartment. If I have to take a picture of my spot here at the house I will... haha... I like that someone actually noticed that. Okie you have a good eye.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SCSL said:
LOL,,,, the leaky Rover!

HF that is fine looking Disco! In terms of tire recommendations, there are many out there but I am a die-hard BFG buy myself. Time- and trail-proven tire. The ATs (TA/ko) are an outstanding all-purpose tire for road, trail, rocks, rain, ice, snow. Only deep snow or deep mud will defeat you.

I was looking at the BF AT/ko today in a magazine I liked the way they look. I am torn between the two sets now. I still have some time on the tires on her now so I can think about it.

· Registered
528 Posts
whats up man, u live in NC? i just bought a 95 disco lifted on 33's, i live in charlotte and goto App State on boone, nc. I'm looking for LR clubs or off-road groups in NC to test her out and see how she does. do you ever take yours off the pavement?

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Appstate, there are a few clubs in the Carolinas. I haven't had the pleasure of going with any of the YET, I think that I am going to attempt a trip to the mountains this fall. There are a few people here at LRO that are in the Wilmington area that do rides on the beach that I am going to try out as well. CROC (carolinarovers.org) is one of the clubs, they do a few trips a year. I am going to be going on vacation soon but we'll have to try to go for a run in the fall somewhere! check out the thread named North Carolina???? I am hoping that there will be more people from around here joining soon and maybe we can organize an outing.

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2924

· Registered
528 Posts
that would be awsome, i play rugby and we play wilmington(maybe twice this year?) and also we'll be going on a beach tour to charleston and other coastal RFC's. most of the guys on the team have 4x4's and might be up for alittle off-roadin' adventure on the side, if we're not tooo hung-over lol :rellye

· Registered
528 Posts
awsome, lemme know if you're ever in boone or charlotte.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I certainly will. I am still new to the whole scene as I have yet to do any off roading of my own in my disco. But I am looking to change all of that soon!!

· Registered
528 Posts
that's exactly the same boat i'm in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.