Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to Land Rover. My wife and I just bought a 2000 and I love it. It reminds me of my days in the service very rugged. I do have a question. I am use to working on American Cars and I noticed that my serpentine belt is cracked, can anybody provide step by step instructions to change the belt. It looks kinda tight in there ? I also look forward to learning about my new Land Rover. I love it so far.,,, this is a real SUV.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Welcome to the madness man.......... :D

ON the belt issue...There is a tensioner..... you use a serpentine tool(or socket wrench) and attach it to the center, turn to release pressure, take off belt, put on new belt, let the tensioner go back to it's job... Just remember to mark down how the belt goes on just incase!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
FelixLockhart said:
Man, don't be clutterin' up my forums! :)

This thread has no pics, and consists of a technical question about a D2, so I stuck it back in the D2 forum.

LOL! :lol: I want to keep all the threads I can.....gimme gimme.

BTW, this thread will stay with me....I read it but the thing about the serpentine belt and tensioner....thanks for picking up on that.

Im having serg make a section specifically for posts that are about "hi, im new" or "wow, what a great forum" and stuff. Since some arnt really about showing off, or about fixing or upgrading thier DII, its rather just a "Hello, I have this" they deserve a section just for themselfs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.