Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find the message where you asked if the SR bumper would work with the airbags.

The bumper for a D1 will work (D1s don't have crush cans). Scorpion is working on a DII fron bumper.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

·
4,576 Posts
John, thanks a million, whit this tid bit of info, the D1 bumper goes on my "things to buy" list.

Say, last night I was talking with Steve ( SCSL ) about MAR and I was curious, are you heading to MAR this year? I would be lookin foward to meeting up with you and doin some wheelin!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01001010 said:
John, thanks a million, whit this tid bit of info, the D1 bumper goes on my "things to buy" list.

Say, last night I was talking with Steve ( SCSL ) about MAR and I was curious, are you heading to MAR this year? I would be lookin foward to meeting up with you and doin some wheelin!
Of course, I will have a booth again this year. We sponsor MAR with some cool prizes. This is one event I would recommend you attend. We have one of the largest "groups" at the event and you are welcome to join us.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Serg - they are expecting over 400 this year - I know a few board members quite well...they are looking forward to a larger event...if you or anyone else want to check it out go to www.roav.org and the picture gallery for last year...

Looking forward to seeing you all there.....:rellye

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Serg said:
John,

How many people (roughly) attend MAR?

Serg
There's your answer....

I was # 256 last year and I arrived on Thurs morning. I didn't get a chance to wheel much during the day (had to man the booth) but I did go out at night. Was the best time 'cause there weren't too many folks on the trail (1-4am). I did manage to get stuck in the river for an hour with water up to my seat bottom but I survived (so did the CD player).

This year I'm gonna hire some strippers to "man the booth" while I wheel all day.... ka-ching ka-ching

·
Registered
674 Posts
Little far from CA - but - fly out and roll on down with someone who lives in the area!!! Now there is a thought.......................:shifty:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We've had tons of people fly out to the event and hitch a ride with someone, I have a few guys coming over from Spain and Argentina this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.