Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i got 95 disco v8i. ifinaly got the timing correct on it and it runs fine but i have a problem yet??? This is my problem cylinders 1,3,5,7 are fireing fine but cylinders 2,4,6,8 are not fireing at all but keep in mind i got superb comprerssiong and great spark??? so if i take off the a bank spark plug wires it still runs but only the driveers side is running and if i put the a bank back on it does not make a difference at all and i can not hear the injectors pulseing. help??? what is the problem on the passenger side and i know the timing is correct. The injectors are brand new factory. Is it electrial problems lol, just my luck. and i do have a code 45 wich is a missfire on that side and i think it is electrical can anyone shed some light on this problem please. oh yeah i did test the injector wires and there should be 12volts in the wire and there is not??????? what is going on here. :beer: :beer: :confused :confused :confused :beer: :beer: more beeer i can not take this anymore hehehe :beer: :beer: :confused help please help. George

·
Banned
73 Posts
The injectors should only get power when they are being told to open on each intake stroke - otherwise they will be off.

As the injector will only be on during the intake stoke of cylinder, it'll only be on for about 1/2 a revolution, every 8 revolutions or more- so on average the voltage would be 1/8 of 12 Volts or 1.5 volts max! (or less)

I have not measured this, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is what i am leaning towards, just trying to find out if that is the problem and i hope that is the problem because i am getting frustrated right now. seems like everytime i think i am done lucas hits me agian hehehhe.

·
Registered
229 Posts
95 Disco

HI i have a 95 as well and from what your saying the pass side injectors not
getting juice .PC rover is right in that you have a break in the harness on
2,4,6,8 ,side . I had simular problem with harness on that side it was rubbing
on the rear engine lifting mount and broke the wire loom , it is right there
where it branches off to left bank / right bank harness.

Pep boys sells an injector connector tester , About $15.00

It's made by LISLE, UNIVERSAL NOID LIGHT, PART # 27800

Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all i have did the check on the injector wiring on both banks and they are the same, the injector wiring voltage was .88 volts useing both wires and useing the poitive of the injector wiring to the ground of the engine reads 13.78 volts. so there is voltage there and both sides read the same. what is going on here i have no idea what to do next on this rover to get it right and if anyone does please help me out on this. keep in mind the drivers side on the engine is working fine but the passenger side is not but i do have spark on that side and it is realy good and so is the compression on that side to is good. could it be the injectors or the ecm? there can not be much left.

thank you all and i am going for a beer to calm down before i lose it heheh

George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.