Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0137 I know is a 02 sensor down stream and P0128 is Thermostat code
Which can I fix myself?
How problematic is this how long or far can I drive to a Mechanic Shop?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
The 137 code is usually a software issue and not the sensor itself.

The 128 is usually the seal on the main t-stat being torn, causing it to stick slightly open. But can also be caused by a bad OCMV (Oil Cooler Mixer Valve - part of the lower radiator hose)

Neither of these faults are horribly detrimental to the vehicle, and can be driven to a repair shop.

The t-stat can easily be a DIY repair, but I would have the engine software updated before replacing the O2 sensor.

·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roverguy7!
I cleared codes, drove to a car wash and it took a very long time for the car to warm up.(coolant temperature needle was at 1/4 for a log time) So I guess as you said its the thermostat or seal that needs to be replaced and the thermostat stayed open)
The repair shop is 2 1/2 hrs away in the dessert from where I am. will I be ok driving like this this far.
thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, it being open will cause it to take too long to warm up, as you saw, which will give you poor fuel economy, but it is no risk of overheating or causing damage.

·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the thermostat housing replaced at Land Rover Rancho Mirage DealerShip in CA.:buttrock: They are Awesome Best Dealership Experience I have ever encounter my ESP took care of it.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts