Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
I have a set, just be careful when you order them... mine came in green even though I did not specify what color.

I will use them to attach the hi-lift to my roof rack.

Thanks for the tip SCSL....

2,687 Posts
John - How you planning on setting it up? countersinking a bolt in from the inside out? Also, what size is the piping on SD roof racks, i forget. Thanks!

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they don't come with the bolt for the hi-lift so you would do exactly as you said. I believe the SD rack is 1".

John,,,Damn I wish I knew about the color issue when I ordered them,,, :eek:

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK so I got these on and a few bits of info:

They are color-coded to the diameter. So, 1 1/2" is red,,apparently 1" is green, etc.

You can't countersink a bolt from the inside as the brackets won't sit flush w/ the tubing. You could shop off the head of the bolt (or use a headless bolt,,,) but you would render the bracket single-purpose by adhering the bolt to the threaded hole of the bracket. So there are several ways to mount the jack,,, I bolted the jack on from the outside with a 3" bolt and used two nuts (insert rim shot) sized slightly larger than the bolt as spacers,,,ie: so they slide on & off. Not quite as convenient as a wing nut when removing the jack for use, but simple & cheap. If this makes no sense let me know & I'll post a pic. :drink1:

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes & yes.
I figure it will hold better than wing-nuts, although not quite as convenient.
I had wing nuts on my rack when I carried an ax/shovel bracket & had drilled holes in the wings & run bailing wire thru 'em because I didn't trust them to hold (unless they were rusted on).

This way I can grab a wrench & get 'em off fairly quick w/out blasting my fingertips on the wing-nuts,,, and I don't have to worry about the jack flying off at high-way speeds & coming thru my windsheild

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.