Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an appointment for my 45K and just for giggles, I thought I would ask what they are charging for that particular service and I was surprised that is was only $225. I was totally expecting the sticker shock factor just like I did when I had my 30K service done for $500. So, he then procedded to tell me that the following service for 52.5K was only $100! I thought, sweet!! they are getting less and less expensive! Then he hit me with a sucker punch from left field.. yes.. the 60K service.. $800..

That is all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Different stuff on the car have different service intervals. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you get whacked. A careful inspection of the service interval chart will give you some clues. The $100 at 52.5K is probably only an oil change.

BTW: The 60K service on the Freelander is $2000+ because all three cam belts get changed! :eek:

Brian

·
2,986 Posts
02disco2 said:
I just made an appointment for my 45K and just for giggles, I thought I would ask what they are charging for that particular service and I was surprised that is was only $225. I was totally expecting the sticker shock factor just like I did when I had my 30K service done for $500. So, he then procedded to tell me that the following service for 52.5K was only $100! I thought, sweet!! they are getting less and less expensive! Then he hit me with a sucker punch from left field.. yes.. the 60K service.. $800..

That is all.
My dealer charged about $1200 for the 60k service on my DII.. thats the last time I take it there for anything other than warranty work.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$1200!!!! JEEBUS!!!

I am hitting them up for a ton of warranty work, yet again.

-Oil pan gasket is leaking like nobodies business
-5 of the 6 door speakers are smoked (self induced)
-the front axel is leaking from the breather tube
-Passanger seat barely slided back and forth, when it does, it grinds
-steering is supa-loose. Been in 4 times for this, they always blamed it on the tires and alignment, had it aligned four times and it still is loose.. now I have new shoes so I wonder what the excuse will be this time.
-brake sensor is bad that allows you to shift out of park. Loads of fun in the morning that it takes 7-8 depresses of the pedel to release the shift linkage.

Wonder if they will find anything else....

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Lease, lease lease lease....all maintence included, besides as soon as my truck gets too much sand in it I trade it in anyway......lol :D

·
2,986 Posts
60,000 MILE SERVICE

Exterior
Add 16 oz Land Rover Fuel Conditioner (LRN5010)
Inspect wiper blades
Lubricate door locks, check straps
Lubricate hood latch and safety catch, fuel door hinges
Replace Alarm handset batteries
Interior Check parking brake (Adjust if necessary)
Check seat belts​

Under Hood
Inspect coolant hoses
Inspect radiator and AC condenser
Check power steering fluid level/ACE fluid level
Clean battery and terminals
Inspect serpentine drive belt
Change brake fluid
*Replace air-cleaner element
Change engine coolant
*Replace spark plugs​

Under Vehicle
*Change engine oil and replace filter
Perform body corrosion warranty inspection
Inspect tire pressures, condition and tread depth
Inspect brake pads, calipers and discs
Inspect exhaust system and heat shields
Inspect brake lines
Lubricate drive shafts and U-joints
Inspect steering rods, joints and dust covers
Inspect shock absorbers
Inspect suspension links and mountings
Inspect trailer hitch attachment bolts for tightness
Inspect wheel speed sensor and height sensor wiring
Inspect fuel and hydraulic lines
Change transfer gearbox oil
Change transmission fluid
Check front and rear axle oil level
Service SLS filter (if equipped)
Record performance of Service in Passport to Service​

·
Registered
777 Posts
02disco2 said:

That is all.
That seems cheap to me. I paid 1K for the 60k on my 1998 D1. (Well I didn't per se but that is what the Dealership charged my ex). I would have done it myself...but hey it was offered for free! :banana:

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Forget that I could do that for less than $200 bucks and a few hours of my time on a nice Saturday afternoon ;) Which is what I also do... you want something done right you gotta do it yourself or hire someone that actually thinks of you a client not the next $100 bill.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just wondering since I've been told by members of our club that warranties do not dictate where you have your scheduled maintenance done. I say you might want to check with your extended warranty carrier if they require that they have to be done by a stealer. Mine doesn't, so I buy the parts and take it to an independent rover repair facility and just pay for labor. Just keep all your receipts.

I do remember reading somewhere in the LR maintenance book something similar to......preferably, scheduled maintenance should be performed by a dealership. To me, the word preferably does not imply exclusivity. ;)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
bruinlad said:
Just wondering since I've been told by members of our club that warranties do not dictate where you have your scheduled maintenance done. I say you might want to check with your extended warranty carrier if they require that they have to be done by a stealer. Mine doesn't, so I buy the parts and take it to an independent rover repair facility and just pay for labor. Just keep all your receipts.

I do remember reading somewhere in the LR maintenance book something similar to......preferably, scheduled maintenance should be performed by a dealership. To me, the word preferably does not imply exclusivity. ;)
bingo!

·
Artist
90 Posts
the Dealership screws yah

This is a comparison at My dealership verses the Landrover shop I use

Discovery II
External Land Rover Shop Dealership
7,500 $122.00 7,500 $217.00
15,000 $195.00 15,000 $215.00
30,000 $685.00 30,000 $830.00
:buttrock: :complain:

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahh.. I forgot about this thread!

Mine goes in on Wednesday for the 60K. It has to be performed at a shop with reciepts, otherwise my extended warranty is null and void. I found a great indy mechanic that specializes in Rovers. It's gonna save me $400. I still have to spend $600 though :( and yes.. the dealer upped the ante to $1050 for the service.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You know, I am always amazed how Rover owners think they are the only people getting stuck with the big tickets when doing a 60K. That is the largest service for the truck and is about the same as any other 4wheeler done at a dealer. I know 2 top mechanics who charge about the same thing as the dealer and sometimes more, especially if they do all that is required to keep them running off the road.
Most people can save 2/3rds of this charge by doing it at home on your drive way. Buy good parts and learn what makes your truck tick.
Mike

·
Registered
528 Posts
My 160k service is around $1000.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.