Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
527 Posts
PCrover said:
What color is the hood decal "Land Rover" on a white DII?

Is it Grey or Gunsmoke Silver?

I need to replace mine and need to get the correct color, it looks black to me...
I sell the replica letters, but they are not as thick as the OEM Land Rover Letters. I sell any color for $22 set. Pre-spaced on one deacl strip and ready to apply.

PS, did you send out my lights?

· Registered
709 Posts
PC, If you are going to replace your hood lettering you should look into the LR3 hood lettering. I've seen others that did this and it looks great! The lettering looks more like metal instead of vinyl... I heard they were $60 from the dealer, I paid that for the raised vinyl one!

As far as getting the old adhesive off - I used TR3 compound and it took it right off. If not Goo-B-Gone should do it. I would be sure to rinse it really well and then wax it.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Those look like the same letters that are used on the 03 and 04 models as well.

· Banned
527 Posts
ibjettin said:
I heard they were $60 from the dealer, I paid that for the raised vinyl one!
Land Rover's price is $24.50 for
"LAND" and $24.50 for "ROVER". They only come seperately. However, not bad at all if you ask me. :buttrock:

· Registered
709 Posts
02disco2 - you're right, I think they may be the same.

I agree Chris - it's well worth it. Even the smallest things you do make a big difference

PC - Your Discovery looks great! I see you wasted no time getting her all set up :drink1:

· Registered
444 Posts
Do they offer the raised style for all the lettering, as far as the SE7 and LR for the hood. mine are still in perfect condition but you never know

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
I actually wanted to remove all the badges of my truck . Just like I did of my Talon . But then I thought to my sleff " It's a LAND ROVER " .

I love clean look . when there is no badges or any chrome stipes or molding . Just smoth . But this a first car that I'll leave it alone . Maybe I'll order some different style badges like mentioned in the above messages .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.