Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all, has anybody tried to attach fishing rod/surfboard racks or any racks to the inside hood lining/roof of ya defender?

I'm looking for good mounting points, but struggling, and roof racks are a no-no for me - keep it clean, keep it inside the truck.

cheers
Jimmy

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Although I have never heard of this being done, I'd have to say no. The lining might be strong enough to support the fish rods until you hit a decent bump, then, down it will come. If you want to bolt the lining to the roof, then suspend hangers, that may be another matter, but I don't think you want to do that. The way around it would be to make up a couple of "rollcage" bars that are firmly anchored to the floor and attached to the "B" & "D" pillars, with clearance at the top to slide in your surf board and/or fishing rods. Maybe some other forum members may have some other ideas.
BTW, welcome to the forum.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Jimmy,
If you're taking about a 110, the headliner is in 3 pieces, with plastic 'push pins' hold securing it to the roof. Those push pins go into a channel which runs thwartship, and the channel should be strong enough to hold up some fishing rods, but I doubt a surfboard. You could use coarse self tapping screws, but My first choice would be to use 'Nutserts' and machine screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.