Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hood Pins or No Hood pins?

I saw this pic and thought, I like this look on older muscle cars but a rover? Hmmm I kinda like it. What do you think?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm not sure I'm ready to drill into a perfectly good hood..I like the hood blackout part tho...
I agree. the truck looks good minus the hood pins.. Im thinking about the blackout kit myself.. It would be more for looks than use, until I get an sd rack with 4 hellas on it. Do you know where to get the blackout kit?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, momentary lapse in judgement.

I'm going to the vinyl guy today, I am going to mass produce them. Anyone want on the list? I have searched high and low and there are a couple people trying to do these, but for $89 now way and DON"T give me that "rattle can crap". ...
:eek: I need vinyl...

AND I'm not in the mood for that thread today

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
If you are into how things look that don't benefit you, go for it, other wise save that money for something that matters.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only put hood pins on your truck if you need them i.e. you're too lazy to fix a snapped hood latch cable.
Yea it was a fleeting thought. This is the current state of my hood...(new one in crate in garage)....

It almost popped open one time ...;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I didn't use hood pins, I got some of those cheap-o rubber hood hold-downs for my RRC. I got tired of my hood popping open every time I hit something hard wheeling.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i use them because i bent up my radiator core support and hood wheeling. my hood wasnt latching no matter what i did even after straightening everything out. so after a 1.5 hour install (i had to do an untypical install since my rcs was still bent some, had to do the holes in the hood first so that they would line up on the hood)

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I had a scare, it popped but the latch caught it as it should. I didn't want to be like in the movies driving down the freeway with the hood against the windshield.

I have a replacement in the garage.

·
take me drunk. im home
47 Posts
no hood pins
and you should go with the rattle can instead of the vinyl
just my opinon tho, do what you want

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like the hood pins , bc the hood latches on the d1's suck to me . i would do it , but i would dip , or die the latches , and pins in an cool anodized black
Exactly, I have seen them in the flat black style....I'm kinda pro pin if the rest of your truck is TOUGH!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts