Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RR's problem is this:

My driver's side door will not open at all, from inside or out. The lock moves up and down with the keyor by hand, but when the handle is pulled the door will not unlatch and open. The only way in is to crawl over the center console from any other door.

And now today, after the RR has been sitting for 5 days, the battery is completely drained.

There is no way to get into the car to open the hood to charge or jump the battery.

What can I do?? Please help

2,687 Posts
If you can get in by crawling over the center console, can't you open the hood?

Once you are in the car, are you able to get the panel off from the door? I don't know how the RRs are setup.. but if you could, then you could figure out what broke.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
to break into a p38 you need 3 screwdrivers(flat) and a rag(to protect your body) you will pry from the side(not too hard) put a small piece of cloth on the end of the 3rd screwdriver(the 3rd on has to be long enough to reach the lock lacth on the inside) lift up and the door is open.... (at least that is how it worked for me when the keys were locked in a running rover).. Once you are in remove the panel.. The handles use cables to open the door, chances are that cable feel of or it broke.. you will find out as soon as you get the panel off

· Registered
76 Posts
If your battery has died then it sounds like the central locking servo has stuck,which normally means its junk.to charge the battery put a charger on the positive terminal on the starter motor(the 1 that goes to the battery and not the 1 that goes into the motor) and ground on a bolt or lug on the engine.

· Registered
72 Posts
my truck would not open from the inside. I had to get a new door cable put in my door and it works fine now.

· Registered
1 Posts
Might help you

I suppose last time when you locked your RR, you pushed the lock button twice. This means the car is in Superlock mode. It is not unusual for the latch to burn the superlock motor out in this mode.
So I suggest that is the problem. For this you need more than three screwdrivers. Actually just one - very long screwdriver and a hammer.
You need to lower the window, remove the seal and the panel. Then break the Superlock motor with the screwdriver and the hammer. After this "operation" the door should open without any problems.
GOOD LUCK and be careful with the window!!!

I have done this 4-5 times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.