Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thats so cool!!!
Does it work OK?
I know next to nothing about them I'm afraid :(
Thanks for the invite, I'm over in Wales this weekend -don't know where yet though-going with a local club. Any good offroading over that way (thats allowed)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will work when we have the V8 back in! lol

Regarding off roading in Wales - BE CAREFUL!
If you are going with a decent club they should have a Rights of Way Officer.
If you off road where you shouldn't in Wales you stand a chance of being shot at!

Get A NEW OS Map and check out VEHICLE rights of Way. DO NOT whatever you do take a landrover (or any vehicle) down an Animal right of Way, you may see vehicle tracks on them but that SHOULD be the farmers vehicle tracks...

Regarding Forestry Land.
Most people seem to think they can use Forestry Tracks - THIS IS NOT SO.
Locals have keys to the gates so you may see a gate open - however you are trespassing (with a vehicle) on Forestry Land and they do not like it. You also stand the chance of coming across locked gates when you wish to leave.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but have found out that we are going to somones farm for the weekend, so no access issues!!!!

Turns out the farm is located in POWYS!!!!!!!!-Tom's farm? Apparantly these guys go there alot on unofficial jollys-meaning mercedes trucks can come too, not too snotty by the sounds of it.

This is where I found out about these guys....
http://www.series-3.org/show_region_details.php?id=50
They may even know something about your truck!

May get to see your truck after all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.