Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Disco 1
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this blog but I am looking to put a winch on my completely stock Disco 1 and want to keep its looks on the front end. I came across this bid post and think it looks absolutely stunning and want to know if any of you veterans would now how to set this up? Thanks!
Looking how to do the winch under the stock and the skid plate.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sport utility vehicle

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice fresh look.
Winch would have to be mounted to something that is mounted to the frame of the truck so it wouldn't simply pop off after pulling so many hundreds of pounds.

There would have to be some kind of custom bracket behind the factory plastic bumper that allows the winch to be mounted. If you can get an image of a D1 without the front bumper it should begin to look clearer.

·
very disco
2,730 Posts
I had a custom winch mount I made myself:

I made it from the harbor freight universal winch plate. Then I bought an ARB

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice fresh look.
Winch would have to be mounted to something that is mounted to the frame of the truck so it wouldn't simply pop off after pulling so many hundreds of pounds.

There would have to be some kind of custom bracket behind the factory plastic bumper that allows the winch to be mounted. If you can get an image of a D1 without the front bumper it should begin to look clearer.
Terafirma makes a discreet winch mount.. thats what they call them over seas. range rover classic, Discovery 1. I have one on my 94 range rover. Its the best.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello, I am new to this blog but I am looking to put a winch on my completely stock Disco 1 and want to keep its looks on the front end. I came across this bid post and think it looks absolutely stunning and want to know if any of you veterans would now how to set this up? Thanks!
Looking how to do the winch under the stock and the skid plate.
View attachment 92356
Bearmach has them, everyone has them...the skid plate, the winch mount and the bumper use the same bolts. they need to be the right size components so they will all fit between the frame rails. on The RRC the same bolts also hold the brush guard!!

·
very disco
2,730 Posts
Yea those are the magic bolts of goodness. I’ve undone them many a time.

looking at the price tag on the prefabbed mounts, I didn’t see the value in purchasing one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts