Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a 2008 LR3 HSE. It's got pretty much all of the options (I think)...Nav, DVD Chagner in the rear, TV's in headrests, Cooler Box in center console, ...etc. My question is where is/would the ipod connection be located? I don't see it anywhere. I understand there's a ipod adapter cable available to purchase but I simply don't even know where to look to find out what it does/doesn't have. Any suggestions on where I need to look to find out if it even has an ipod connection? (or the cable that the ipod adapter connects to?)

PS-I currently use the aux input in the rear of the center console. I just would like to plug in 1 cord to my phone to charge and listen to music, not 2 every time, and I'd also love to use the steering wheel controls not look around for my phone everytime I want to change the music.

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
The dedicated Ipod connector was not available on the LR3, it started in 2010 with the LR4. There used to be an accessory Ipod input, but it was discontinued, as there were a lot of issues with it, also it had a pretty sorry interface with the system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, so I'm hearing you say that the Aux is the best option at this point, yes? Is this the accessory input you're referring to that was discontinued?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, I would stick with the aux in, or go aftermarket with some sort of bluetooth streaming system that you then hook up to the Aux in.

No, that is a picture of the input for a 2010-2011 my LRs.

The discontinued part was called the Audio Connectivity Module. And the interface to use it, especially on the LR3 and RRS was pretty poor, it was only useful for playlists, which the audio in gives the same functionality, along with the ability to choose what you're listening to easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts