Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ABS light is on on my 2000 Discovery. I'm guessing it came on as a result of the left front brake caliper being loose and missing one of the mounting bolts. I discovered this when I changed out my brake pads (see previous thread). When I changed the pads, I also got the replacement bolt and tightened everything up again. After a few starts, the light has not reset. When I hook up my ODB-2 software program, it shows the MIL light intermitently On and Off (The Service Engine light is not on in the car, just the software reports it On then Off every 15 seconds or so). The P code is 1509 (I think). I attempted to reset the MIL light but it still does not reset the ABS light.

ABS is working. After I changed the brake pads, I test drove the car and stopped a few times hard enough to make it kick in. Any thoughts? Any way to know from the code which wheel sensor is failing?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
To answeer your questions, find someone with a Test Book or something similiar and you can read, test and clear any brake related lights. There are no other ways to do it.
Mike J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.