Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 LR3. I need to change my front brakes and rotors. I've found a good write-up and have down such work on previous past cars but never anything with air suspension. I tried to start today but got spooked and I don't want to do anything stupid. For my other cars I always just floor jacked from the cross member in the front.

Could someone please give me some instructions. I've read some of jacking one side at a time, jacking under the control arm, opening a door so disengage leveling, or disconnecting the battery. I just don't have any confidence right now.

BTW, I've got a 3.5 ton floor jack, four jack stands, a bottle jack in my jeep if I need it.

Thanks in advance,

Wes

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
If you have an owner's manual, it'll have the correct information it there. If not, follow this:

Raise the suspension to off road height. Disconnect battery. Use factory jack points along frame. Your jack stands are going to need to be very tall to actually support the LR3 AND have the tires off the ground. That dang vehicle has a lot more articulation than you think.

Colin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts