Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I just picked up a new 2004 Disco last week, and am thrilled with the machine so far (traded in an Audi A4). When bragging to my chums about the Landy, how do I pronounce the place where she was born?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soll as in Sole or Sull? (sorry to be so dim, but my American English does not always translate well across the pond...)

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
BriGuy said:
Soll as in Sole or Sull? (sorry to be so dim, but my American English does not always translate well across the pond...)
The Correct pronunciation if you live in solihull is
sull ee ul

To the rest of us brits

sol ee hull

not sole
sol like spanish for sun ( I think)

·
Registered
843 Posts
and whilst saying it keep your lips slightly open but perfectly still and speak from the back of your throat!

sul ee ul

Heheh!

Cheers

Geo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
onslow said:
The Correct pronunciation if you live in solihull is
sull ee ul

To the rest of us brits

sol ee hull
I DO live in Solihull and you'r not quite right!

People from Birmingham say sull-ee-hull, but the posh people who call themselves Silhillians (sic) call it Sow-lee-hull. :D

·
Registered
523 Posts
BriGuy:
Congrats and welcome to the forums! :beer:
I'm also in MI.Troy to be more specific,and have a '99 Disco ll.

Where did you buy?

LR Farmington or F. Lavery?

Thanks,
Carlos

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought it at Fred Lavery. I bought my A4, which I traded in, from them as well. Paid right about 10k below sticker, $30k plus tax. They are giving the 04s away, and they still have a few left.

I'm in Royal Oak, Main and 11 Mile. Is there a local LR club that you know of?

·
Registered
523 Posts
BriGuy:
I bought my Disco ll pre-owned at Prestige Motors at Stephenson Hwy.They always have like 5-6 of them in stock.Although you wouldn't believe it,it's a good seller here in MI.I see 2-3 of them riding around almost on a daily basis.One of my co-workers has a yellow one,a Kalahari,nice one!

I'm on Rochester Rd. near Somerset Mall.I don't know if there's any clubs around honestly,but I do know aplace that sells and installs LR aftermarket parts(from Atlantic British).

get familiar to the atlantic british website.It's one of the few available that sells genuine and aftermarket parts for LR all types.
here's the website:

www.atlanticbritish.com

If you want to buy good used parts at really nice prices,go to:

www.roversland.com

Hope this helps,
Carlos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts