Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

221 - 240 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
1999 4.0 with 185k miles.

Bought it with 65k miles. Since then:
- Coil springs system - worth every penny!
- Heater blend doors - replaced with coat hangers to manually open/close - works a charm!
- tires: Pirellis - bought new at 70k miles, still on car - amazing!
- body: no rust, no dents, still handsome!
- engine: nothing. Runs great!
- cooling: coolant mysteriously dissappears over 4 weeks or so, just keep filling it ...
- starting - has hot start problems, replaced crank sensor, next up is cam sensor, but expensive!
- stereo: speakers all fuzzy, too expensive to replace for now.
- brakes: have had numerous warped rotors, unknown why.
- overall, still love it, and don't know why. Guess it's the glass area that allows me to see all around, no blind spots, and I'm tall, and it fits me great!
[email protected] in minneapolis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
1991 LWB with 107,000. New to me a couple of months ago and is the start of a very long restoration/modification project. I plan to eventually "Overfinch" the thing and spend way more money than it will ever be worth.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
I still have my 95 RRC SWB with 157k miles and am driving on the same tires. It's currently down with a dry rotted driver front airbag... sourcing quality springs and new shocks for a 2" suspension lift with new tires.

4/18/08 I wrote:

The Michelin LTX M/S tire is, IMO, one of the best tires available today. I've heared of many many people getting 75,000+ miles out of them. They are great looking tires, too.

Colin

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 1989 (Red one) 137,000 but PO thought the odometer was replaced. Feels like 237,000....Yeah she needs some tlc don't let the fresh polish fool you :D

1992 County (white one) 130,000 This should be true as I am the second owner. If I can only finish fixing the brakes so I can drive it. It's been a nightmare. :mad:

Attachments

221 - 240 of 271 Posts