Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.
I have 95' SWB Classic. I bought it few months back as addition to '87 RR. It rides hard. I am thinking going medium springs and shocks. It has OME HD and OME shocks.
The question is: how much of the 2in lift will I loose if any. I like the way it looks now. I removed the sway bars and it improved some of the mostly pavement ride. Right now the distance from the center wheel to the bottom of the fender is 19 1/4 front and 20 1/4 rear. It has 245/75/16 tires and ARB bumper.
I did search the forum, but did not find a solid answer.
Thank you for reply.
Eugene
Was trying to upload pictures, but it is acting up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
158 visitors and nobody went from HD springs to Medium...hmm? I will probably go the Terrafirma Medium route on sale now at Atlantic British, but it is like a blind date. It would have been nice to have some actual info.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went from OME HDs to Terrafirma light duties. I lost less than an inch. My 245/75s fit just fine. And 600lbs of dogs and gear doesn't make it sag.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for reply!!! How did the ride changed? I love the ride of my '87 with RR soft springs.I don't know if I am brave enough to go "Light" springs on this one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The ride is much smoother now that I'm actually using my springs and not sitting on stiff springs that will never flex cause I don't have enough weight.

I learned the hard way...if you're not loading your vehicle down with tons of gear, etc. HD springs aren't needed.

A normally loaded vehicle (people and small amount gear) should be fine on standard/light springs.

The terras have 2" of lift no matter what level you get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts