Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the time has come to sell my Discovery. I had it in the shop for a long time while the engine was being rebuilt (it had a bad lifter and camshaft lobe) But with 3 kids a van for my wife could no longer wait. I have receipts and pics for proof of work. Obviously I'd like to get what I'm in it, but I know it's not realistic. I can't find any others with rebuilt engines so I can't find one to compare a price. Here's what's done:

1996 Disco LSE
Cd, everything but rear sunroof works.
Remote entry, ac, blah blah
No dents or dings, good paint, no rips, jumper seats
No check lights, ticks, leaks etc...
New: head gaskets, resurfaced heads, valve seals, timing chain, lifters, camshaft, oil pump, piston rings, honed cylinder walls, bearing kit, gaskets, seals, water pump timing gear, plugs, wires, fluids... 2 years ago brakes, starter, alternator, injectors, tires and alignment were done I had the trans service done last year as well, shifts great. it has street tires, not terrains unfortunately. I love it but wife can't get all the car seats in it so a van was under way... Most parts were from Atlantic British or Britpart

· Registered
720 Posts
It's difficult to say what you should ask and might get. There are so many factors including where you are, 5 spd or autobox, amount of rust, condition of seats etc.etc.. Up here in BC, you'd probably get $5k, maybe more, depending on how lucky you are to find someone who really wants the vehicle, but prices vary considerably.
In a few months, the vehicle will be 19 years old...what's the "Blue Book"?

· Registered
217 Posts
Compare with book prices and craigslist in your area. Maintenance and repair costs are usually not a factor. A maintenance book can help. Sell for the minimum you are happy with that gets you calls. Remember when selling a dealer will not look at anything but book price and most buyers of older Land Rovers know what they should be priced at. We cannot price for you without seeing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.