Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be one of those "it depends" questions, but does anyone have an idea on how long a battery will hold a charge if the vehicle is just sitting? I am asking because I am planning a three week backpack trip and hope I will still be able to start my RR when I return. Or, at least be able to unlock the doors to jump start without having to use he emergency key.

Specifics: 2010 Range Rover sport with a two year old battery. Will be sitting in 50-70 degree weather.

Best guesses would even be helpful.

If the answer is unlikely to have a charge to even unlock the doors, is there a way to disconnect the battery and still lock the doors (again, without using the emergency key)? Kind of makes me miss manual locks and a standard transmission. I never used to worry about this when leaving my 68 bug for weeks at a time, just park on a hill.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
A battery in good condition should be fine for that length of time.
There are numerous keep alive memory drains draws but they are very small.
You may want to consider a solar battery maintainer, it will keep thing up while you are away from it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.