Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· wjsj69
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow enthusiasts! I just came across these speedy-bleeders and wanted to share since I've been doing it the hard way for so long and maybe you have too. They have a check ball valve inside, so all you have to do is install these bleeders, crack them one at a time, attach a hose and a catch-can, fill your reservoir, pump your pedal, fill your reservoir again, repeat for each wheel, and your done! You could have someone watch for air bubbles, but I just did a full reservoir for each wheel and that seemed to be enough to purge the old fluid and all air out. See the pics of the packaging if you're interested; got mine from the auction site since the metric size isn't in stock around here.
:grin

Attachments

· Registered
3,198 Posts
I tried a set of those about 30 years ago. Threw them out after they turned to lumps of rust from road salt.
If you want them to last you need the stainless steel ones. But if you have more than one car you want to use them on then you're better off getting a motive products power bleeder. At least cost wise.

The stainless ones do have the advantage of being able to easily field bleed your brakes.

· wjsj69
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, at least I got one easy bleed out of 'em. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll smear some grease around them for a little protection and get the stainless ones next time..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.