Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE???

Check the link below- it's some form of swing away carrier. Let's hope it someone can get it LR-approved, as it gets rid of my only two gripes with the Disco 3 at a stroke- the Transit-esque back end and the ground anchor / spare wheel arrangement.

The only problem is that it now looks like a giant Freelander (squint a bit...), but I'd rather it looked like a Freelander than a Transit Minibus.

(from http://rovering.squarespace.com/journal/2005/10/26/israeli-billing-2005-dugit-beach-tiberius.html

·
Registered
789 Posts
I've tried to accept the LR3, but it still doesnt look... i dont know, manly enough?, i need an suv that Looks like something you can go through a jungle in :buttrock:

in other words as the rapper JAY Z says, we save the LR3's for the wifey's

hope i dont offend anyone :wave:

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
does everyone understand that the rear end splits in two like rr.

that door must be a pain to open with the tire on.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Oh sorry about the rear door thing, i just saw the swing away.

anyway the reason for the wood is to keep the tent level.

They could do it with the truck but it would only be when running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To be frank the L3, or Disco 3 appears to be rather wimpy.... and the latest ad campaign where its recognised throughout the world is rather interesting, especially the part where it hits the Autobahn... now tell me where can a Disco do that!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.