Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be creating another photo documentary on the installation of a Mantec Snorkel on my 96 D1. It'll be better than the first one I made ...CV-Joint Replacement... and should be able to be understood by the newest do-it-yourselfer. I'll have this completed and posted by tomorrow.

Badger, if it wouldnt have been for stubborn bolts, I would have had the front panel off in no time. Instead, it took me about an hour to get than thing off!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excellent!

I plan to do a snorkel but I am a bit hesitant to do it on the Land Rover. I did a Safari Snorkel on my old Montero years ago.

·
2,986 Posts
the hesitation will be over the first time you sink in a deep water pit and screw things up.. my snorkel was probably my 3rd mod.. I did it before I even lifted b/c I needed it with the water around here.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, there was one part of the project (reassembly) where I had to stop taking pictures because of a few snags...but enough were taken to explain the procedure.

I'm sure the Safari Snorkel would have been much easier to install, but the way this thing looks and functions makes it all worth it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.