Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im just wondering... Apart from buying a larger engine is there anyway to get my Series 2A landy to sound any louder or throatier? As much as i want to buy a larger engine, im only 17 so i need to keep the insurance affordable, so is there any help any one can give me other than, "just rip all the exhaust off" thanks
robbie

·
Registered
317 Posts
Robbie,
I don't think the 2.25 liter engine is every going to sound throaty given it's stock form. I'm sure you could have some shop fab up some exhaust to get the note more to your liking, but all of that expensive work could be crushed next time you venture off road.
Other than a new exhaust, you might want to investigate a K&N filter to replace the hose to the carb elbow coming from the oil bath. This should fit right over the carb elbow...British Pacific has them listed...IIRC the part number is ru-2650...that might give you more "roar" in the engine bay when under load.

Bogatyr

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
shorten

You can shorten the exhaust and run the pipe under the passenger floor area with a silencer located under the seatbox area with the pipe exiting at the side behind the passenger door my old 2.6 6 pot sounded cool used to set car alarms of when towing :buttrock:
ONz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers onslow

Like i said in my last post, im only 17 so still working my landy out but do i just take one of the joining pipes out too make it shorter or what. Does it become louded because the pipes leading to the silencer are shorter? Is there any other help that you coujld give or photo's of your job that you did? Thanks
robbie

P.s thanks very much for your help also Bogatar or how ever you spell it. Was appreciated.

·
Registered
734 Posts
:confused Kinda like the "Putt Putt Putt" mine makes................ :drive:

·
Registered
707 Posts
throatier..hmm give it a Ricola always seems to clear those guys up....

RRRIIIIICCCOOOOLLAAAAAAAA :clap:

sorry had too. above suggestions, you will have to make some sort of modification to the exhaust system i'm always down for a straight pipe with a resonator in line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts