Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio in my '95 classic with soft dash. I see two little holes on each side, but there is nothing screwed into them, and the radio doesn't seem to pull out easily. Any tips?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Assuming the big plastic fascia has to come off too then?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
The special tool spoken of in the above comment, is in fact a penta key or something like a five sided hex key. You can buy them on the internet for a few bucks. In lieu of the penta key you can use a smaller hex key in the bolts in the holes on either end of the radio. It takes a bit of time and effort to use the undersized hex key but it will eventually work. With the two bolts loosened all the way out the radio will pull straight out and away from the fascia. There's no need to remove the large center dash fascia which is good because you're likely to break some portion of the brittle 18 year old plastic. Those fascias, in good shape are as rare as hen's teeth as they are unique to the '95 Classics so leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I would also send your radio to the guy in Arkansas and have him go through it and install an aux jack. Super happy with mine. I plug my iPhone in, and it's like driving a 2014 model car. Do a web search of "range rover classic radio". Save yourself the wiring headache.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts