Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone in experience to share on how to remove the windshield?
I broke mine and it cannot be repaired. I located a used one from a salvage yard but I need to pull it myself.

T.I.A.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
There are cutting tools available to cut the urethane sealer that holds the glass in place.this is of course after the trim mouldings are removed.
It is a tricky, delicate job to get it out without breaking it.
You may want to inquire with a glass shop to do it for you

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
Toran:
I don't know exactly why, but the replacement of a windshield on a D2 seems to be difficult to do properly unless you have experience with it. They will leak, and the clips that hold the A pillar moldings break off, it seems that over here only certain glass shops can handle them, the forums are full of guys asking for references. Maybe specifically ask the shop you are planning to visit if they have ever done a D2. If you are not careful, you can b*gger up the plastic moldings on top, on the bottom, and on the sides. Don't use tape, use proper butyl sealant. Take your time, remove all the clips for the moldings carefully. Plan to have to buy some extra clips if you accidentally break some....
Crack that molding that goes around your windshield wiper blade studs and it will cost you, too.... the A pillar moldings have those plastic insert plugs to hold them in. If you can find them, just buy new ones. Mine are all in the process of falling out.

Take some photos as you go and post! I, for one, would be interested to see how difficult the job is....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.